Shuffle The Golden Salad: How to get the perfect-out-of-the-bottle tan with me!

Thursday 7 August 2014

How to get the perfect-out-of-the-bottle tan with me!


First of all, hello to you all! I have been on vacation for two weeks almost and I have so much to update on. Second of all which I guess should have come first of all.. I'm sorry that those exfoliating gloves look so GROSS yuck I just used them before taking the picture (silly I know) however, it may prove a point soon hehe. 

First of all these are my main 4 must haves before applying fake tan, you can't get the even, natural tan you're hoping for if you exclude one of the products. All of the products are cheap & from the high street and you're not going to break the bank. Their is no point writing a review and not telling the truth as people are potentially looking for a final answer before purchasing a product, so why live it up when it's not all that it's supposed to be? However I only have good to speak about all of these products.


  1. The mit first of all is a must. I've tried the sock on the hand, I've tried the gloves also too - both having ended in a disaster each time. I love the mit (mine is from Boots UK) because you can throw it in the wash and keep it's condition, it's a larger applicator so you can even the product out more on your skin in way you can actually control - no obvious glove marks & also if you may have left any exfoliate on or moisturizer beforehand and that dead skin appears more obvious than ever, having a proper rub in that area helps banish that! However when I notice I have this problem in one or more areas, usually my arms & legs.. I tend to get back in the shower extra hot water + scrub away, then try again. 
  2. The Palmer's Cocoa Butter body scrub smells delicious. I could sit there and smell the tub all day long! So imagine when you're covered head to toe in it! My mum brought this home for me so I haven't got an ideal place of where the product was purchased, however all the links for the products will be available below at the end of the review. I love Palmer's products so this was just a definite must to buy. I have been extremely happy with the product, however because of the smell I get to carried away and fly through a tub :( Palmer's cocoa butter has a really high concentration of cocoa butter so it delivers the goods in softening, smoothing and relieving dead or dry skin. The mix is very gritty, so obviously my best advice is to be used in the shower or bath and not over the sink for one section i.e. your arms as it will be everywhere possibly! Another excellent thing is the product smooths and blends scars, marks & stretch marks leaving the body irresistibly silky!  
  3. The exfoliating gloves are a must have in my life! Not even to apply fake tan, just to get rid of the dead skin or to refresh my skin. I love exfoliating my skin 1-2 times a week with these as I can control with my fingers where I want to put pressure on i.e. it's not a solid object so I can safely guide the glove around my eyes. I like to use the gloves just with water or NSPA facial hot gel & as a treat my LUSH mud mask exfoliate. Exfoliating in circular motions also gets the oxygen quicker to blood cells in success, getting rid of the likeliness of cellulite! WIN!
  4. Finally, the main superhero in the picture - the fake tan itself. This is something you can pick up in Boots, Home Bargains, B&M's, Superdrug, Body care.. anywhere nearly! I have been using this for almost 4 years & I have tried the light, medium & dark & we always have at least a dark & medium stocked up in the bathroom each week haha! I like to apply a full coverage of the shade light to my face and then a little shade of dark to my forehead & dark shade all over my body. If I'm having a big night out, I'll do two shades dark the night beforehand, and shower it off that morning following the shower do another dark & shower 4 hours later. The fake tan doesn't deliver that horrible fake-tan curry smell. It has a slight scent I'm not going to lie it's bound too.. but it's not nasty I can hold my hands up to that! 
Luckily I have just got back from Gran Canaria so I haven't had to use the fake tan recently, but I'm sure it's going to make an appearance in a few weeks haha! I hope you enjoyed my article, please feel free to get in touch or to comment or ask any questions. Happy blogging bloggers xo

Shade dark used in the picture below, 























Shade light used once in the picture above ^

Links to purchases


No comments:

Post a Comment